To promote and participate in safe recreational diving through continued diver education and to encourage new membership in the diving community by fostering an atmosphere of fellowship among divers. We hold monthly club meetings .
Membership is open to everyone who dives or is interested in diving. Annual membership fee is $40.00 for individuals and $60.00 per couple. Additional family members can be added to the couple membership for $20.00 per person. Membership period begins July 1st through June 30th of the following year. Click here to sign up.
In addition to the social companionship of other active divers, membership in the Scuba Club has the
- Door prize tickets at all scheduled club events for free goodies
These tickets are entered in the Annual Holiday Banquet drawing for scuba merchandise.
- Charter Equipment Rental Assurance
If you have rented scuba equipment from Down Under to attend a scheduled shop coastal charter which gets blown out, you will receive a rental coupon of up to 50% of the value of the original rental to use on any additional rental from the shop.
- Free food at monthly summer cookouts
From May through September, the Scuba Club hosts a monthly cookout at one of the local dive sites. Scuba Club members eat for free. Non-members are asked to contribute $5.00 to help offset the cost of the food.
- First notice on all new shop trips
- 50% Rental discount for equipment rentals that are made for Mon-Thurs only
(Discounts do not apply to weekdays when Friday or weekends are part of the rental period)
- Door prize tickets automatically entered in drawing at Annual Holiday Banquet
- Eligible for "Diver of the Year" award
- List Your Used Scuba Equipment for sale on the Down Under website
- Eligible to participate in the Annual Photo Contest
- Club Diver of the year. Open only to club members based on a formula of the following elements:
- Number of dives
- Number of formal certifications/ratings
- Number of shop sponsored trips attended
- Number of Scuba club meetings attended
- Number shop/club events assisted with as a volunteer
- Number of presentations at Scuba Club meeting
- Number of DAN studies participated in
- Number of equipment serviced
- Number of club membership referrals
- Instructor of the year. Open to Down Under Instructors. Nominated and voted on by Down Under staff.
- Group leader of the year. Open to Scuba Club Members. Nominated and voted on by Down Under staff.
- Photo contest. Open to Down Under Scuba Club members and staff. Photos must be taken in calendar year while on a Scuba trip. One entry per person per category per media. Winners decided by panel of volunteer judges and staff. Categories are:
- Print - Reef/Quarry/Wreck
- Slide - Reef/Quarry/Wreck
- 100 logged dives
- 250 logged dives
- Highest number logged dives
- 500 logged dives
- 750 logged dives
- 1000 logged dives